Quote of the day

In the rhythm of the needles

there is music for the soul.


Breiclub in Oostende : om de 2 weken de zaterdag van 10 u - 12.30 u in de bieb



dinsdag 1 januari 2013

muts met klep - beanie with flap - free pattern


Some time ago I posted the pictures of this hat I knitted.  I regularly get mails from people who'd like to knit one too.  So here is the pattern of how I knitted it.  It's actually very easy, I'd say beginners.  Advanced knitters can use it as a base to construct your own version of it.
I like to wear this hat when I have to cycle to work, and it rains.  The flap keeps the rain out of my eyes, and the border is warm around my ears.
Good luck !

Scroll down for the Dutch version.


Knitted with 100 gr of wool, needle nr 4.
CO 66 stiches
purl 18, k1, p7, k4, p4, k4, p4, k4, p4, k4, p4, k4, p4
row 2 : knit the stiches as they are.  (purl the purls, knit the knits)

continue until you have 53 cm.  BO

(53 cm is the avarage circumference of an adult female head.  But do check for yourself.  The knitting streches a bit too. Knit the piece a bit longer if you have a bigger head, or if you make it for a man)
Now sew both short ends together.
Fold the 18 purled stiches in half and close (sew)  at the inside of the beanie.
Insert the plastic flap before you close it completly.   This plastic flap is approx. 21 cm long and  can be made of any sort of flexible plastic.  I used an old plastic ordner from schooldays. 
close the top part, add a pompom if you want to. 

you can download the pattern of the flap

Dit is het gratis patroon voor de muts met een klep.



Gebreid met 1 bol wol van de wibra ( 100 gr)
met nld nr 4
66 steken opzetten, en als volgt breien :

18 averechts, 1 rechts, 7 averechts, 4 rechts, 4 averechts, 4 rechts, 4 averechts, 4 rechts, 4 averechts, 4 rechts, 4 averechts, 4 rechts, 4 averechts. 
Terugkerende naald : brei de steken zoals ze zich voordoen.

Brei zo tot je ongeveer 53 cm hoogte hebt.  Afkanten.   (gemiddelde omtrek van een dameshoofd, maar meet eens na bij jezelf)

Naai nu de beide korte einden aaneen.  De 18 averechtse steken plooi je dubbel, naai vast aan de binnenkant, stop het klepje erin. (= Knip uit hard plastic een klepje van +/- 21 cm lang)
De bovenste opening haal je dicht met een draad.  Eventueel kun je er een pompon opzetten...

5 opmerkingen:

  1. een kunst(ig)werkje !
    Zie ik u morgen bij Mieke ? :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi:
    The hat's design is really nice:-)
    I like it too.Very well done!
    Happy New Creative Year to You
    and Warm Greetings-Halinka-

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Rozemie-
    How wonderful to meet another knitter! I have just loaded your blog in for my Grow Your Blog party - per your request and comment on my June posting. I will look forward to your psecialpost on the 19th. Latest updates are on my blog - one post back - please do refer to them.

    See you at the party! I hope you make lots of new friends!

    Vicki

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Ik snap niet hoe je de achterkant dichtmaakt. Gewoon dichtnaaien of de steken naar elkaar toe trekken, rondje?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Fantastische muts ... zou ik graag proberen maken maar waar kan ik het patroon van de klep downloaden aub ?
    groetjes Ilse

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...