Quote of the day

In the rhythm of the needles

there is music for the soul.


Breiclub in Oostende : om de 2 weken de zaterdag van 10 u - 12.30 u in de bieb



maandag 21 november 2016

mosaic knitting - de mozaiek techniek

Every now and then I like to participate in a knit along.  (Not a mystery knit,  I did that twice and didn't like the result.)  Just some people who are knitting the same item, sharing details, getting feedback from the designer.  Great !
On the LMB designs blog  I found a nice small project for a pair of mittens in a technique called 'mosaic knitting'. Not difficult, just follow the pattern and use the right colour.... only one colour is knit per row.


It was fun, not too difficult and perfect size for my hands.
Lisa from LMB designs a lot using the expensive but gorgeous  NORO.  (Japanese silk + wool dyed in amazing colours)  I wanted to try the mittens first in a cheaper merinos that I had in my stash, before starting them up in Noro.



You can buy the pattern  here. Maybe I'll knit some more, as the holiday season is getting near...  they make a lovely gift.


started in Noro....
More mosaic knitting ....
black & white, a great contrast

more ideas....


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...